Thursday, June 11, 2015

Heroes Matchmaking


So as most of you if not all of you know I have been playing a lot of Heroes of the Storm. Now I think the game plays great and the design of each match is a breath of fresh air into the MOBA scene, but that is not really what I am going to talk about today.

There has been talk the last few week's how the matchmaking system in Heroes is awful. How you are match up against people and paired with those with a huge skill and level gap. I will agree I have been a victim of this on a numerous number of occasions. Now I am not complaining about this at all. I know it sucks, but the thing I can accept which forum ragers seem to not be able to accept is the fact the game is new.

Every game you play has an effect on your MMR. Blizzard has stated that they are using a similar type of system that is used for Starcraft. In Starcraft it takes about 100 games until you are placed with correct opponents on a consistent basis. This means for a new game one win or one loss will effect your MMR at quite a considerable rate.

I know some gamers now have little to no patience at all, but really that is what it is going to take. Did you want them to do interviews and deep analysis from your entire gaming history so you were probably matched quicker? This is that sense of entitlement I am always talking about and it makes me sick of how people can do nothing but complain.

So my advice if you are having a rough go of it? Or an easy go of it? Keep playing games and it will correct itself. The more everyone plays the better the system will be. By the time you and your friends reach 30 and 40 it should have corrected itself. Also stay away from the forums after every stomp you give or receive it jsut serves no purpose and just feeds trolls everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. People will complain always. The majority of people realize it needs time to adjust back the world we live in is a here and now attitude and always will be it seems

    ReplyDelete